Pages

Tuesday 5 August 2014

Benefit's Bronze of Champions

I've coveted this set for over a year now, so last month with spending money in hand, I skipped to the Benefit counter (in my head I did) and walked out super chuffed with this adorable makeup kit. If you didn't already know, I'm a complete sucker for minis...


I stuck completely in my comfort zone and opted for the neutral-bronzey set which includes travel sizes of Watts Up, Hoola Bronzer, Hoola Lipgloss, They're Real Mascara, Thanks O Latte eyeshadow and Bikini-Tini cream eyeshadow. Dreamy, right?

If I were to choose a favourite of the bunch it would have to be Watts Up. Initally I thought my skin would be too fair for it to look natural but I couldn't have been more wrong and think this would suit anybodys skin tone. A creamy, shimmer-free, subtly sun-kissed glow; I am beyond tempted to pick up the full size.

The eye products are fairly good: a pretty nude shimmer cream shadow, but a tad on the wetter side of things eyeshadow base-wise (nice), so be warned of creasing. A shimmery brown powder shadow that bears some resemblance to Maybelline's 'On and On Bronze', plus a sample of They're Real, which I already know is fab.

Both Hoola products are lovely and natural. The famous matte bronzer didn't dissapoint (although any tips on how to get it out of the box with breaking it?) and provided a good tan whilst carving out cheekbones. And the lipgloss a delightful nude that wasn't ultra sticky (Maybelline's 'Coffee Kiss' seems similar FYI).

I would certainly recommend this to anyone wishing to venture into Benefit or as a gift to a fellow beauty obsessive. There's lots of neutral goodies to try and would without a doubt please any makeup lover. Thanks so much for reading!

Esmé

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know! Who doesn't love a good set of minis?:)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'd recommend it:) They do have quite a few amazing products!

      Delete
  3. This kit is gorgeous. I'm a sucker for minis as well! Watts Up is one of my favourite highlighters - it gives such a lovely glow :)

    Just followed your blog - Love it!! Xxx

    The Sunday Chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're just so cute! And I think I'd have to agree there - it's simply stunning! Thanks so much:)

      Delete
  4. I've never actually brought a Benefit product but I really want one of these mini kits, my sister has one and I'm so jealous! I also really want Hoola, but I finally spent all my money on a pair of shoes so I think it may have to wait for Christmas even though it's so far!x

    Libby-Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Don't worry it will be worth the wait;)

      Delete