Pages

Sunday 4 September 2016

Best Things This Week

I've been enjoying a lot lately, but I'm one of those people who goes on and off things kinda quickly so rather than do a regular monthly favourites, I'm thinking of doing spontaneous instalments of 'Best Things This Week' to share everything I'm into at this very moment. Let's go!

  1. THIS Baseball Cap. The last time I wore a cap like this was honestly back in 2005 on a
    scorching hot trip to Florida, so putting one back on my melon head recently was a weird step in my fashion game let me tell you. It's one of those things I thought I'd barely get any wear out of but so far I've never taken it off. Perfect for going incognito, hiding greasy locks, and coming as close as I'll ever get to that 'model off-duty' vibe. 
  2. (edit) Camille Rowe's Wellness Series for British Vogue. AHHH How did I forget this one?? Camille's incredible style and aura aside, this series was so informative and inspiring to watch and would be great for any of you going through a hard time. Packed full of self-love, emotion and finding balance, this well orchestrated series is like a mini journey for both the audience and the host.
  3. "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle. I won't lie, you have to be in a certain mood to read this (well at least I do), but this is one of those great books at making you think. I'm only a couple of chapters in but I'm hoping the 'essential reading for anyone who might be feeling weighed down by the past or fearful of the future' bit on the back is a good indication that I'll like the whole book, being a serial worrier and all.
  4. Pad Thai. Tried this for the first time two weeks back and ever since I've been questioning why I hadn't eaten it sooner. I've been solely using the Peanut Butter Pad Thai recipe from (you guessed it) Minimalist Baker's "Everyday Cooking" which is essentially sticky noodles served on raw carrot ribbons, garnished with fried tofu and spring onions. What's not to love? :D
  5. Painting. To cut a long story short, I've always loved art and pursued it at school all the way up until AS level, when I dropped out due to some incredibly uninspiring teachers and a lousy curriculum. Seeing as I still loved the subject itself I've began practising it at home instead; my adorable dog being my first subject. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out! 
  6. The nature show 'Highlands - Scotland's Wild Heart'. You know I love a good wildlife programme and this one was no exception. Baby deer, otters, golden eagles, reindeer, the lot. So fascinating and easy to watch, perfect for a cosy sunday evening.
  7. Hot For Food's 'Chocolate Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream'. Hands down the best vegan (and gluten free!) cupcakes I've made yet. The fluffy yet intensely chocolatey sponge topped with a non-sickly but fruity raspberry frosting is a total dream. Let's just say I made one batch  yesterday for a charity bake sale, and I've already planned another for today... 

No comments:

Post a Comment