Pages

Wednesday 14 September 2016

Vegan Meal Ideas #2

Yay for more food! Here comes another round up of plant based meal ideas, this one including breakfast, lunch and a sweet treat for those like me who constantly need a chocolate fix...


Snack/Something SweetRaw Brownie Bites
For these heavenly chocolate morsels I followed this recipe and added my own twist by rolling the finished product into desiccated coconut, cacao nibs and broken dark chocolate shards. If you love brownies, chocolate cake, cookie dough or truffles, I guarantee you will want to finish a whole plate of these. You can also customise the flavour (orange essence, mint essence, peanut butter) and the toppings (cocoa powder, nuts, icing sugar). They're sort of guilt-free too, so devour snack on these 'till you're heart's content ;)


Breakfast: PB&J Smoothie Bowl
Just like my last meal ideas post, this half vanilla, half strawberry nice-cream bowl is incredibly filling, refreshing and tastes exactly like you're eating pudding for breakfast. The peanut butter and jam combination is a total winner. Can you believe I only tried PB&J for the first time a few months ago? I was seriously missing out! Top with whatever granola, dried fruits and nuts you have lying around, and don't forget the nut butter and jam drizzle!


Lunch: Radish and Roast Potato Salad
Inspired by Olga from FabLunch (a great YouTube channel for vegan recipes) comes this perfectly rounded salad with a mix of comforting warm and crispy cold ingredients. Roast potatoes in oil, salt and pepper for around 30 minutes until golden, and place onto a bed of leaves, chopped tomatoes, and sliced radishes. I drizzled over a simple balsamic vinegar, olive oil and lemon juice dressing, but your favourite dressing will work just as well. Serve with chilli flakes for a spicy kick and half an avocado for a dose of healthy fats (not pictured).


6 comments:

  1. I feel like I am a very creative person until it comes to food. I'm perfectly fine just saying "okay I will just survive off of pizza every day until I die". But posts like this remind me that there are lovely things that I can make in my own home! It's a miracle! Those potatoes are killing me right now, as are those brownie bites.

    xx
    scarlettandgiselle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I've been guilty of that too, you should see some of the dishes I eat which definitely don't get photographed! You have to try them, they're so easy to make but are both to die for!

      Delete
  2. I love any dish with potatoes! I have to try some of these out soon

    Emma | With A City Dream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Potatoes are everything! So versatile too, you can never get sick of them:) Please do I'd love to see your twist on them!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thankyou, I can't even describe how delicious it was, practically PB&J icecream! Now I'm craving another haha

      Delete